21.3.11

People Watching

Going to a Starbucks with a book is one my guilty pleasures. I can stay within those four walls for hours and hours and yet my book is rarely gets noticed. Why, you might ask? Because people grab my attention more than anything. I love people watching. (especially in Portland) Whether they're in a hurry, savoring that delicious soy Amerciano, or meeting with a long lost friend, I love making up scenerio's of what they might be going through in my head. But what are they going through? Have you ever thought what the stranger on the bus or ahead in the line has been through? Pondering this makes me want to do random acts of kindness to strangers. Whether it's picking up the glove they dropped as they walk by or having patience if they don't drive nearly as fast as you.
So your challenge this week is to perform random acts of kindness to strangers you see. You could pay for somebody's latte, or have them go ahead of you in the Safeway line. You will be left feeling satisfied and fufilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment