6.8.11

Goals.

Rain in the summer is like getting sick on a Saturday...pointless. Summer is drifting by so swiftly! I decided to make goals for these three (restful) months that I'm not in school. Some of them have been easy habits to start, while others I struggle with everyday.


1. Cook and experiment in the kitchen.

I have really found a love and fiery passion for cooking! Not just grilling chicken or icing a cake but setting the atmosphere! Therefore, whenever I cook there are ALWAYS candles burning, music playing, and when I can, fresh picked flowers adorning the table. I find it has an art and love to bless my guests and my family!

I made a spontaneous feast for my dear friend!
2. Read an increasingly growing stack of books!




Starting from top

"Compelled by Love" by  Heidi Bakker (one of my hero's)
"Too Small to Ignore" by Dr. Wess Stafford
"What is the What" by Dave Eggers
"Fully Devoted" by John Ortberg, Laurie Pederson, and Judson Poling
"Onward" by Howard Schultz (that's how much I love my job)
"My forbidden face" by Latifa
"The Lunatic Express" by Carl Hoffman
"Till we have faces" by C.S. Lewis
"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
"French Women Don't Get Fat" by Mireille Guiliano



3. Being diligent in my devotions and spending time conversing with the Lord.

I had read the fascinating and thought provoking book "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Philip Yancy and it made me see Him in a whole new way! My relationship with my Savior grew so much over this summer and made me want to change and become more like Him.



4.Getting a job!

 I not only got a job, I got my DREAM job! I am a Starbucks barista baby! I love this job more than anything and I never want to leave work! I have definitely been forced to go out of my comfort zone but I'm starting to build relationships with customers and passionately pour steaming espresso into foamy latte's!



4. Developing godly character!



I have had some rough times this summer but I know God is answering my prayers to be stretched and to grow! I am learning to thank Him for everything and ever since I have been doing that I have been overwhelmingly content!!

No comments:

Post a Comment