13.3.11

Most stressful situation I have ever experienced.

Today we took my mom and dad to the airport. They are leaving for Kenya for two weeks. As we get to the gate my dad realizes we have the wrong passports. Now keep in mind we live about an hour and a half  from the airport and for international flights you need to be ON THE PLANE an hour before it leaves. It was 4:15 and they were closing the gates at 4:45. We called my brother who lives 25 minutes from our house to get the passports and come to the airport. We compromised with them, and they said they could hold the boarding of the plane till 5:05. That was the most stressed out Ive ever seen any family.The only thing that was remotely fun was that my mom and dad were at the check out counter, my brother was outside, waiting for my other brother to drive up with the passport so that he could just run in with it, and I was holding a spot in the long security line. I felt like we were "Ocean's 5" or "The Bourne Myers..." My brother drove 80 mph the whole way (I hope no cops are reading this) and somehow, by God's grace made it to the airport by 5:08. They still let my parents on despite the 3 minutes. I don't think Ive ever prayed so forcefully in my life. And WOW! God answered a seemingly impossible request. Thank you Lord. Now Im just praying for a safe flight to Amsterdam...and then to Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment