12.3.11

Do not be anxious about anything.

Tomorrow my parents are leaving for Africa. They have been given so many wonderful opportunities to travel and share they're faith. For the best 6 or so years my dad has been going to various places in South America, the Middle East, and Africa, to train pastors who haven't had proper educations. So tomorrow will be the first day of two whole weeks of their absence in America.

Every single time my dad leaves the country something bad happens. There have been deaths, car accidents, major illness's...the list goes on and on. So naturally I have great fear whenever he leaves and usually I get mini panic attacks. But lately Ive been really preparing myself. Philippians 4:6-7 says:

Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God,
 which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds
 in Christ Jesus.


I have had months go by where I've been paralyzed by fear and that is not how our lives are intended to live.
Psalm 27:1-3 says:

The Lord is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?
When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh,
When my enemies and my foes attack me they will stumble and fall
Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear,
Though war break out against me even then will I be confident

I do ask one thing of you. Please keep my mom and dad in your prayers. Pray for their safety in the dangerous parts of Kenya and through all transportation. And please pray for me. Pray that I wouldn't be anxious and that I would trust in the Lord. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment